Monday, September 08, 2008

Knitting Emergency

We got free tickets through House Seats to Showtime Boxing out at State Line (I know I know, PRIMM) at Buffalo Bills. WHN loves boxing, and I can veg and knit, so I don't mind so much going. I do get quite a few odd, look at the sociopath looks while a knit and watch the pummeling.

knitting at boxing match

I love knitting measuring things. I can never have enough measuring tapes or rulers, and this was so true Friday night because I didn't have a thing to measure with!! I search through my bag a million times as if my thoughts would create one. I'm near a point at a change in the pattern, so I am getting desperate. I look for something I could use that I knew the measurement of, and WHN suggests a dollar bill.

I ask WHN if he knows how long one is? He says 6". I ask how does he know? He replies, "What's 6" and makes a woman happy? A 100 hundred dollar bill" As much as I would like to rely on a old chauvinistic joke, I think I should confirm this source. I search through my phone list with the criteria 1) knitter so would understand and probably near knitting so near tape measure 2) even if thought was a pain in the ass, would still measure a buck for me 3) my time zone. Dani fit all these criteria! She came through too, and I could fold up the bill for smaller measurements. She totally saved my cookies! Now if she could just teach WHN a better dirty joke.
DSCN2053

I think I am going to measure everything that I keep in my purse and label the measurements and stick on the objects.

We had 7 matches. Some quicker than others.
RSCN2198

One was a female match for a belt. Melissa Hernandez vs Ella Nunez. Melissa enters the ring to Michael Jackson and dances for a few minutes which I think random, but her opponent is not amused.
RSCN2212
RSCN2200

RSCN2213
Don't hit me!

Thanks Dani, you saved my night. Not knitting at boxing, would have done in my head.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

6 inches huh? Tell WHN to keep on dreaming! hehehe!!!


Hope you didn't get any blood on your knitting from all the fighting!

12:38 PM  
Blogger DMCA said...

The really funny thing is I was out at dinner with my boyfriend, but I happened to have knitting in my purse with me and therefore I had a measuring tape too. :) And Mike found it hilarious that I was the go to gal for knitting emergencies.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Jinann said...

What a fabulous way to get in some knitting time.

I had to laugh.....I too have been places without a measuring tape...who knew the dollar bill was 6" - thanks for the fabulous tip! I think I'll add that info to my blog!

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona